COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
IN PERSON, CO-OP TRAINING ROOM UPSTAIRS, 6:30 PM
12 MAY, 2022
PRESENT: J. BATTON, M. COBURN, C. HILDRETH, H. KIM, J. MADGIC, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER).
EXCUSED: T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT).
MEMBER FORUM: No members in attendance.
REVIEW & FINALIZE agenda, April meeting minutes, calendar, and action items review.
BOARD ROSTER UPDATES
- The Board accepted Megan Hollingsworth’s resignation from the Board
- The Board appointed Kate Belton
- The Board discussed that this will be the first time in many years a staff member will not be on the Board. The Board appointed Kate Belton to fill the seat immediately, given that she has run for election twice and was planning to run in the 2022 election. The Staff Board seat will be heavily recruited for the 2023 election.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- Discussion of the Board’s participation in the Open & Local Coalition
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
- The GM discussed staffing and recruitment, as well as sales throughout the organization
- Management and Operations have begun a reevaluation of irrigation and landscaping to save on water and staffing
Two versions of the budget for 2022-2023 were discussed and evaluated. The Board chose from them and approved the budget.
The 2022 General Membership Meeting (GMM) will be held on June 26, outside the Co-op West Main, with the theme Coming Back Together. The meeting will be from 5-6 pm, with a party to follow from 6-8 pm. There will be music and food!
The NAP Committee and the Board discussed upcoming updates to be made to the Board Manual, the New Director Orientation training, and the Board calendar.
REVIEW ACTION ITEMS
EXECUTIVE SESSION: none.