COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
In Person, Co-op West Main Training Room 6:30 PM AUGUST 11, 2022
DRAFT MEETING NOTES
PRESENT: K. BELTON, J. BATTON, C. HILDRETH, H. KIM, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
EXCUSED: M. COBURN, J. MADGIC CHECK-INS
MEMBER FORUM: None.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
- Has not been updated since Tina’s been on leave. Cameron suggested we skip to July and assume June items happened already. Jim will write up June and July Action Items
- July Action Items
- Put Kate Belton’s info on website
- Sign confidentiality documents at tonight’s meeting
- Discuss Board retreat
- All updated with exit interviews
- September’s meeting will talk about committees
REVIEW OF CONSENT AGENDA
- It was not reflected that the Giving Committee did not meet for the month
- NAP has notes
POLICY GOVERNANCE REVIEW
- Overview of Board Process and Board Management Relationship
GM SEARCH COMMITTEE UPDATE
- Committee decided to add another section to GM Qualifications Worksheet that covers soft skills/emotional intelligence
- Committee invited all Board members to provide input in the spreadsheet
- Cameron would like a full Board discussion on whether we should have someone from the co-op world
- Decided to have a Search/Hiring Committee started and to write a charter for it
- Hyun will email link to GM Qualifications Worksheet to the Board
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
- Discussion of Longevity Bonus: To incentivize tenure and in the long-term interest of the co-op’s health.
- Board approved the back-pay portion.
- The committee did not meet this month
- Labor and margin still looks good.
- Employment picture is getting better.
- Board Assistant job is posted.
- Confidentiality have been signed and turned in.
- Discussion of Board Retreat dates and agenda.
- Susan Wickland Fund suggested as an agenda item for next month’s meeting.
REVIEW ACTION ITEMS EXECUTIVE SESSION: NONE