Minutes from September 20, 2018
COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
20 September 2018 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
EXCUSED: A. DAWOOD
MEMBER FORUM: no members
CHECK-INS: Proposed meeting agenda and draft of July/August minutes were approved. Calendar and action items were reviewed.
CONSENT AGENDA: All committee notes were accepted.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- Annual Board retreat will be held on October 19-20 and will include members of the management team. Board discussed possible retreat topics.
- Board agreed to let the Nomination and Process (NAP) committee make necessary updates (grammatical or for the sake of consistency) to the Board manual.
- The Board Assistant & Board Facilitator met prior to the meeting to make the Action Item spreadsheet more user-friendly.
- Productivity bonus was not recommended.
GENERAL MANAGER REPORT
- Center Store is seeing lots of out-of-stock items.
- Both Co-op locations are seeing positive sales growth.
- Lower tier staff got raises to help retain workers.
- Current Human Resource manager, Anne Johnson, is retiring. The Co-op has been interviewing for this position and the decision will be made by the end of the month or sooner.
EXPANSION PROJECT UPDATES
- Second floor of the new building is up.
- Deli sales slowed a bit due to less seating in the Flying C due to safety and occupancy concerns after the removal of the staff stairwell.
- Staff is excited to see the project moving along. Kelly has been taking staff on tours of the new space.
- Any Board member who wants to update their bio should contact the Board Assistant.
- Board toured the new building.
Next meeting is the Board retreat: October 19-20