Minutes for September 10, 2019
COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
10 September, 2019 AT CO-OP TRAINING ROOM
PRESENT: A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, L. PETERMANN, J. MADGIC, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT).
EXCUSED: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, K. THOMAS, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR)
MEMBER FORUM: Duncan Ocel.
Began: 7:17 P.M. Ended 7:36P.M.
PRESENT: A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, L. PETERMANN, J. MADGIC, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, K. THOMAS.
CONSENT AGENDA All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Calendar was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- The Board accepted Katie Coyle’s resignation and officially appointed Matt Skoglund to serve the remainder of her term ending May, 2020.
- The Board directed NAP to continue candidate search.
- Friday of Board retreat will be held at the Bozeman Public Library; Retreat Agenda to be finalized at Oct. Board meeting.
- August showed global growth of 4.77% over last year, despite limited CWM parking lot and meat/fish/deli counters being closed.
- August margin lower than expected: 39.48% due to restocking.
- Renewal letters will be sent to member loaners.
GENERAL MANAGER REPORT
- Discussion of turnover rate/wages/labor budget.
- Co-op the Whole Block: Project passed health, building, and fire inspections. Management anticipates total construction costs will come in on or slightly above budget.
- Board members will travel to Butte to meet with a co-op startup.
- AERO Conference Oct. 25 will include Co-op tour.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
MEETING ADJOURNED: 9:04 P.M.