COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING (GMM)
11 May, 2019 AT BOZEMAN PUBLIC LIBRARY MEETING ROOM
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
WELCOME and introduction of the Board members, candidates, staff members
Trees for Bees--
Apple a Day--
Coffee for Classrooms--
40th anniversary celebration—No specific plans at this time.
Sustainable elements in expansion project:
- Solar panels
- Green roof
- Heated loading dock (with heat from the coolers)
- Passive solar lights
No member dividend this year due to project. One million in cash in the bank. Current on all obligations.
EXPANSION PROJECT UPDATE
Work is either on time or slightly ahead of schedule.
Co-op West Main will have to close for a week (expected to be June 3-9) while remodeling of the new store gets underway:
- New flooring will be installed in phases
- Moving of all grocery gondolas to remerchandise and to prep for flooring installation
- Cement cutting/sewer cuts (in preparation for the new hot/cold bars) will be loud and messy
- Final bulk room preparation
- Installation of new coolers (produce, good-to-go, drinks, cheese)
- The Main Office, CK and warehouse will be moving into the new space while the store is remodeled