COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
REMOTE VIA ZOOM
9 JUNE 2020
PRESENT: A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, H. KIM, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT). EXCUSED: B. BUCHANAN.
CONSENT AGENDA All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Action item checklist was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- Will be held via webinar on June 25th. There is a link on the website with the election info.
- Questions will go to chat, as will tech issues.
- CWM’s growth is impressive. The expansion was well worth it and we can afford it. We’re proud of every department.
- Current margins are lower, but labor costs have been reduced.
- The Board will not issue a profitability bonus to staff this quarter.
- Bank loans have been in forbearance; principal payments resume in July.
- Discussion of our future food service model at both locations.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
- No significant repairs, travel or capital expenditures expected in the near future.
- Mask requirement: We are following the County Health Department recommendations. Management recommends keeping the same policy until Level 3 of statewide reopening and then revisit.
- In light of current events of police brutality and killing of Black people in the US, Co-op Human Resources Manager is revisiting our DEI.
- A staff committee will be formed next month to collect sources on racial and other discrimination. They will lead management and staff in this learning process. There will be some coordination with NCG for online educational resources.
- Discussion of the Working Member program through current and post-Covid landscape.
MISCELLANEOUS: Board retreat dates will be determined via Doodle poll.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
EXECUTIVE SESSION: None.
MEETING ADJOURNED: 8:47 pm.