Minutes for June 21, 2018

Minutes for June 21, 2018

COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP

BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING

21 JUNE 2018 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE

MINUTES

 

PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN,  C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, S. QUARLES, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)

EXCUSED: A. DAWOOD

MEMBER FORUM: Wren Killian, Co-op Member Owner/Bring Your Own Bag for Change (BYO Bag for Change) asked the BOD to participate in her program that donates bag credits to charity.

CHECK-INS: Proposed meeting agenda and draft of April minutes were approved as revised. Calendar and action items were reviewed.

CONSENT AGENDA: Board approved committee notes.

COMMITTEE NOTES THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION

RATIFY GMM ELECTION RESULTS

  • Board unanimously agreed.

BYLAW CHANGE PROPOSAL

  • Consider only mailing paper General Election ballots to members who have shopped in last three years.

CCMA REVIEW

  • Attended by Jennifer Madgic, Susan Quarles and Lori Petermann.  Topics included Board diversity, Board financial training and strategic planning process.

FINANCE

  • Board agreed to begin the end of year financial report.
  • Board approved the proposed 2018-19 budget.

GM REPORT

  • The new everyday low price Basics program has been very popular.

EXPANSION PROJECT UPDATE

  • Slab will be poured on the east side of the project next week, followed by the west side.
  • Marketing Department is working on a petition to remove the high school parking district from the north side of Main Street.

MISCELLANEOUS

  • Retreat committee will consist of Katie, Buck, Susan, Jen, Jim and Cameron.
  • Canceled the B Bar reservation. This year, the Management team will be invited to one day of the retreat.

ADJOURNED 7:50pm for Executive Session to discuss GM check-in

PRESENT: Present: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, S. QUARLES

EXECUTIVE SESSION ADJOURNED at 8:15pm