Minutes for June 21, 2018
COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
21 JUNE 2018 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, S. QUARLES, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
EXCUSED: A. DAWOOD
MEMBER FORUM: Wren Killian, Co-op Member Owner/Bring Your Own Bag for Change (BYO Bag for Change) asked the BOD to participate in her program that donates bag credits to charity.
CHECK-INS: Proposed meeting agenda and draft of April minutes were approved as revised. Calendar and action items were reviewed.
CONSENT AGENDA: Board approved committee notes.
COMMITTEE NOTES THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
RATIFY GMM ELECTION RESULTS
- Board unanimously agreed.
BYLAW CHANGE PROPOSAL
- Consider only mailing paper General Election ballots to members who have shopped in last three years.
- Attended by Jennifer Madgic, Susan Quarles and Lori Petermann. Topics included Board diversity, Board financial training and strategic planning process.
- Board agreed to begin the end of year financial report.
- Board approved the proposed 2018-19 budget.
- The new everyday low price Basics program has been very popular.
EXPANSION PROJECT UPDATE
- Slab will be poured on the east side of the project next week, followed by the west side.
- Marketing Department is working on a petition to remove the high school parking district from the north side of Main Street.
- Retreat committee will consist of Katie, Buck, Susan, Jen, Jim and Cameron.
- Canceled the B Bar reservation. This year, the Management team will be invited to one day of the retreat.
ADJOURNED 7:50pm for Executive Session to discuss GM check-in
PRESENT: Present: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, S. QUARLES
EXECUTIVE SESSION ADJOURNED at 8:15pm