COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
9 July, 2019 AT CO-OP TRAINING ROOM
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, K. THOMAS, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT-IN-TRAINING), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT, OUTGOING)
EXCUSED: K. COYLE, J. MADGIC, C. SHANKS
MEMBER FORUM: No members.
CONSENT AGENDA: All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Calendar was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION:
- Board reviewed document from NAP Committee and suggested edits.
- In May, 7.34% global sales growth (CWM 7.42% CDT6.95%). In June, approximately 8% growth at CWM, excluding the days we were closed. So sales down for the whole month, but good growth on the days CWM was open. CDT nearly 20% growth in June, helped by the CWM store closure.
- Board approved a bonus for all staff (minus the GM) who worked during the expansion project.
- After Request for Proposals process and recommendation by Finance, the Board chose new accounting firm, Amatics CPA.
GENERAL MANAGER REPORT
- At $880K at the end of June, cash position for this point in the expansion project is better than expected.
- Repairs underway on a section of new roof that leaked during heavy rainfall.
- Our IT staff and outside consultants are resolving network issues that arose after moving the Main Office computers.
- Anticipated end of the last phase of construction to be at end of August.
- The Co-op is experiencing the applicant drought facing other businesses in the area. Currently 12-15 full-time positions open.
- 4-H Auction July 19th. Susan and other board members to attend and purchase pigs for donation to Fork and Spoon.
- Board of Directors retreat is October 25-26, and will be held on-site.
- Open and Local celebration is July 18 in Amsterdam. The Co-op is a lead sponsor.
- The Board confirmed there will be an August Board meeting August 13.
- The Board unanimously approved the Big Move Bonus for staff.
AJOURNED FOR EXECUTIVE SESSION 8:40pm
EXECUTIVE SESSION ADJOURNED 9:10pm
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, S. QUARLES, K. THOMAS