Minutes for July 20, 2017

COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP

BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ (BOD) MEETING

20 JULY 2017 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE

MINUTES

 

PRESENT: A. DAWOOD, K. THOMAS, L. PETERMANN, J. MADGIC, B. BUCHANAN, S. QUARLES, C. BYKER,    K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER, L. HAUGAN (EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT)

EXCUSED: K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR)

 

I. CHECK-INS, AGENDA, MINUTES

Proposed meeting agenda and draft of June minutes were approved as revised. Calendar and action items were reviewed.

 

II. CONSENT AGENDA In order to make adequate time for expansion project discussion, we’re putting the committee notes that do not require Board action or decision on the consent agenda. Board members read these notes prior to the meeting & ask questions at the meeting if needed, but otherwise they won’t be reviewed or discussed at the meeting.

 

III. COMMITTEE REPORTS

Nominations & Process (NAP): All committees will review their job descriptions & let NAP know of any changes. NAP will review the Board section of the website at their next committee meeting to ensure everything is up to date & accurate.

4-H ad hoc: Buck & Susan confirmed they are attending the auction. Our budget was set with the intention of getting 2 pigs. The meat will be donated to the Community Café.

 

IV. FINANCE report noted.

 

V. GENERAL MANAGER REPORT Kelly Elfstrom was promoted to Assistant Meat & Seafood Manager, and Devinne Curbow was hired as Assistant Store Manager of Co-op West Main (CWM). Security camera installation at Co-op Downtown (CDT) is almost complete. We had a small fire at our Central Kitchen (CK) in early July which interrupted our bread production for a couple weeks. We are happy to report bread production has resumed.

VI. BUILDING EXPANSION PROJECT COMMUNICATION & UPDATES The 920 building is scheduled to be removed on Monday, August 14th. Cameron & Kelly met with the architects last week to get a preliminary sense of where they are going with the design. We have scheduled a special Board meeting for July 27th so the Board can review & approve or deny the exterior design as we can’t finalize the interior design until we know what the exterior structure will be. Kelly has asked that the Board decide whether we move forward with this project at their August meeting.

 

VII. MISCELLANEOUS A retreat ad hoc committee was formed: Kris, Lori, Jennifer, Buck & Jim.

 

VIII. REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS

 

IX. ADJOURNED at 7:56pm