COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
REMOTE VIA ZOOM
14 JULY 2020
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, C. HILDRETH, H. KIM, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, M. SKOGLUND, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT). EXCUSED: A. DAWOOD, C. SHANKS.
CONSENT AGENDA All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Action item checklist was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- GMM RECAP: The Board 2020 election results were ratified.
- 4-H Auction Budget was approved. Buck will attend the auction virtually. The meat will be processed and made into 4-H kielbasa to sell at the Co-op.
- Retreat ad hoc Committee was formed.
- Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget was approved.
The committee is working well with current Assistant Controller, Hanah McCarthy, who will become Controller upon Dana’s retirement in August. Finance discussed the status of the Co-op’s PPP loan, and the likelihood that most, if not all, will be forgiven, based on the calculations by the Controller and our banker.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
The Covid-19 pandemic and its effects make comparing June 2019 to June 2020 sales, labor, margin and other numbers challenging. The Management Team continues to plan how to change what we do, how and what we sell, in response to the changing retail realities we face. Future changes for the CDT are in the planning stages. Procedures for contact tracing and determining workers in “close contact” (as defined by the official guidelines) with a potential worker who tests positive for Covid-19 are being developed. As we head into the height of our busy season, the CWM Center Store department has hired several new people after some employees gave notice and others moved to different departments.
- Annual Board and committee goals discussion
- Board officer slate was reviewed
- Online Board meetings and member participation discussion
- Criteria for recognition of Board Member service discussion
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
EXECUTIVE SESSION none.
MEETING ADJOURNED: 8:27 pm.