COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BoD) MEETING
18 JANUARY 2018 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, K. COYLE, J. MADDEN (FACILILATOR), S. SEBREN (ASSISTANT), L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
EXCUSED: J. MADGIC, C. HILDRETH
MEMBER FORUM: No members
CHECK-INS: Proposed meeting agenda and draft of November minutes were approved as revised. Calendar and action items were reviewed.
CONSENT AGENDA: Reviewed and approved Committee Roster
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- Board decided that Jen will remain president at this time. Board will revisit after GMM.
- Board decided to combine the GMM and May Board meeting at the Bozeman Public Library Community Room on Thursday, May 17 at 6:30pm.
- Will continue with Coffee for Classrooms program, add Apple a Day (10 cents from each bulk apple sold will benefit a different non-profit).
- BOD will host another “guest chef night” at Fork & Spoon (formerly Community Café).
- Board approved adding “Open and Local” as a giving committee recipient.
Discuss upcoming Farm Bill reauthorization and support of SNAP
- Board decided to table most of this discussion until the next meeting.
- BOD decided that it is not a conflict of interest for Board members to participate in the member loan drive: Board of Directors are neither required to nor prohibited from making member loans to the Co-op because they are treated the same as any other co-op member for purposes of the member loan drive (no special rates or conditions).
- Member Loan Drive: The loan drive will end February 28.
EXPANSION PROJECT COMMUNICATION & UPDATES
- Jennifer Madgic will be the signer for New Market Tax Credit (NMTC) paperwork.
Adjourned at 8:12pm for Executive Session
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Personnel Review for Board Assistant. Adjourned at 8:20pm
- PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, K. COYLE, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)