COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
14 JANUARY 2020 AT CO-OP TRAINING ROOM
PRESENT: : B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, H. KIM, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT), ROSIE BARNDT (FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER).
EXCUSED: All present.
MEMBER FORUM: Nathan Brown; Wren Killian.
FINANCE: COMPILATION REPORT PRESENTATION, Rosie Barndt.
• Ms. Barndt is an accountant and a member of the Finance Committee. She attended the Board meeting to present and interpret the financial compilation.
• Finance gave the committee report. Sales and expenses are up. Three months after the storewide staff raise was put in place, we are seeing turnover at 5%. The Co-op had reached a high of 50% turnover.
• The committee discussed employee insurance, premiums, and changes to come in June 2020.
CONSENT AGENDA All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Calendar was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
The Board ratified the email vote on the updated Grievance Policy, which passed.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
• Center Store hired a Night Manager, who will work on the floor for 6 hours out of their 8 hour shifts.
• Participants in the EATS program and Working Members showed a rise in spending in December 2019.
• Kelly presented the Holiday 2019/2020 sales and margin report for review and discussion.
• General Membership Meeting (GMM) ad hoc committee was formed.
• The Board will not attend CCMA this year.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
EXECUTIVE SESSION Began: 8:37pm Ended: 8:48pm