COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BoD) MEETING
15 FEBRUARY 2018 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE
PRESENT: PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), J. MADGIC , S. SEBREN (ASSISTANT), L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
GUESTS: Lei Anna Bertelsen (Member and Possible Board Candidate), Herman Watson (Member and Board Candidate)
CHECK-INS: Proposed meeting agenda and draft of January minutes were approved as revised. Calendar and action items were reviewed.
CONSENT AGENDA: COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- Discussion on Election Mailer content: Board has the opportunity to write articles for the upcoming Election Mailer.
DISCUSS UPCOMING FARM BILL REAUTHORIZATION & UPDATES
- The Board decided to co-sign a letter written by The Montana Food Bank Network supporting Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
EXPANSION PROJECT COMMUNICATION & UPDATES
- In mid-March, the Co-op will seek a conditional use permit approval from the Bozeman City Commission. Co-op hopes to break ground on the Whole Block project in mid-April.
- Co-op IT Department is working with National Co-op Grocers (NCG) to help develop a way to get Co-op Groceries Online (COGO) going.
- Member Loan Drive: To date, Co-op has raised $2.6 million. The member drive will close at end of February.
- Board agreed that no profitability bonus should be given to staff for the fall quarter. Board Staff member Lori Petermann recused herself from the vote.
GENERAL MANAGER REPORT
- There is a new Assistant Center Store manager: Emily Fountain.
- Board Members Buck Buchanan (Secretary) and Jennifer Madgic (President) will review Board retreat notes before March meeting.
- Adjourned at 7:40pm for Executive Session
- Executive Session: Adjourned 8:36pm
- ATTENDED: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, K. COYLE, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)