COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
13 August, 2019 AT CO-OP TRAINING ROOM
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT-IN-TRAINING), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT, OUTGOING).
EXCUSED: L. PETERMANN.
MEMBER FORUM Matt Skoglund.
CONSENT AGENDA All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Calendar was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
- NaP accepted final changes to document made at July Board meeting.
- Management Team will attend the Friday afternoon of Board retreat.
- Sales for the year up by about $915K, approximately 4% higher than the previous year. June sales below budget by $235K due to CWM closure days.
- End of year financials show a loss; Board decision: no Member Dividend for fiscal year ending in June, 2019.
- Outstanding Member Loans discussion.
GENERAL MANAGER REPORT
- Discussion on Working Member and EATS programs.
- Discussion of turnover rate/wages/labor budget.
- Co-op the Whole Block: final walk-through and punch list, health inspection, and close-out of the expansion project expected by September.
- The Co-op purchased two hogs from the Smart Family at the 4-H Auction; meat will be donated to Fork and Spoon.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
AJOURNED FOR EXECUTIVE SESSION 8:20pm
EXECUTIVE SESSION ADJOURNED 9:06pm
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, K. COYLE, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS.