Minutes for April 19, 2018
COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
19 APRIL 2018 AT CO-OP CLUBHOUSE
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, S. QUARLES, J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), S. SEBREN (BOARD ASSISTANT), K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
EXCUSED: K. COYLE
MEMBER FORUM: No members
CHECK-INS: Proposed meeting agenda and draft of March minutes were approved as revised. Calendar and action items were reviewed.
CONSENT AGENDA: Board approved NAP and Farm to Food Bank notes. Board decided to place all committee notes on Consent Agenda in the future.
COMMITTEE NOTES THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
REVIEW ANNUAL GOALS
- Board completed its review of annual goals
REVIEW OF BOARD SKILL SET
- By May 6, each member needs to email Carmen 3-6 examples of personal/professional skill sets
- The Whole Block committee is looking at ways to trim project costs. Finance Committee recommends taking out a line of credit so that the Co-op does not use cash on hand for the project.
- Member loans came in at $2.94 million!
- The Co-op developed a program to offer the lowest prices in town on organic eggs, organic ground beef, organic sliced bread and organic milk.
EXPANSION PROJECT UPDATE
- Co-op will begin a petition to remove the high school parking district from the south side of Main Street.
- The Co-op’s environmental consultant confirmed that there is no contamination of the soil from the old Aspen Motors site.
- NAP committee will look at a bylaw change to remove members who have not shopped in three years from received a mailed election ballot.
ADJOURNED 7:07pm for Executive Session (L. Petermann was dismissed)
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, J. MADGIC, C. SHANKS, K. THOMAS, S. QUARLES, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER)
- EXECUTIVE SESSION ADJOURNED 8:29pm