COMMUNITY FOOD CO-OP
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (BOD) MEETING
REMOTE VIA ZOOM
14 APRIL 2020
PRESENT: B. BUCHANAN, A. DAWOOD, C. HILDRETH, H. KIM, J. MADGIC, L. PETERMANN, S. QUARLES, C. SHANKS, M. SKOGLUND, K. WISEMAN (GENERAL MANAGER), J. MADDEN (FACILITATOR), T. RODRIGUEZ (BOARD ASSISTANT).
EXCUSED: None absent.
MEMBER FORUM General discussion on how to get member input during Covid-19 social distancing/remote Board meetings.
CONSENT AGENDA All committee notes were accepted. Minutes were approved. Action item checklist was reviewed.
COMMITTEE ITEMS THAT REQUIRE BOARD ACTION
• GMM date set for June 25, 2020.
• Resolution authorizing GM and Controller to seek PPP and EIDL funding if needed: APPROVED.
• Efforts to get labor down and numbers in line succeeded in Feb. 2020, but no one could have planned for Covid-19’s impacts on the Co-op in the months to follow.
• CDT lease agreement update.
• CoGo is up and running.
• Stimulus and extra unemployment money is starting to be received by community members.
GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT
• The week of March 14th, combined sales were $658,204, an increase of over 50% over the same week a year ago. Most departments set new sales records. Replenishing product is still not complete a month later. April sales to date are swinging greatly day to day.
• This has been the most stressful and challenging time for our Co-op staff and managers, ever. Layoffs in both stores have been necessary.
• Soft opening of CoGo by April 15; it was put together in three weeks with a tremendous effort by several departments.
• Discussion: What can the Co-op Board and membership do to help the Co-op and staff?
• Masks are still being accepted, with a goal to get each staff member two or more masks to launder frequently.
REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS
MEETING ADJOURNED: 8:13 PM