Full-time position available. Shifts are Tuesday-Saturday. Shift times and positions fluctuate between 7am and 9pm within multiple departments. Lots of variety in this role.
Purpose: Provide friendly, attentive, and prompt customer service while working in a variety of departments to assist in smooth operations of all Co-op locations. Utilize uniquely broad perspective and knowledge of store operations to assist and be a role model to other staff.
Specific Responsibilities of Retail Shift Support Staff
Retail Shift Support Staff are scheduled by the Specialty Manager within set windows of availability to work in any of the departments listed below and/or to complete special projects. These staff also have two set days off each week. Changes outside of the agreed upon availability or after the schedule is set, are requests and optional for the staff member.
- Demonstrate strong initiative, flexibility, creativity, and communication skills to ensure success in this highly varied and unique position.
- Contact the Specialty Manager promptly with schedule concerns in any given week.
- Maintain two established, consecutive days off per week; gain prior approval from the Specialty Manager to deviate.
- Develop broad-based knowledge in the following departments and display efficiency and accuracy in all tasks, as prioritized by the Specialty Manager. Center Store, Cafe, Produce, Purchasing, Facilities, and Specialty as detailed below. The jobs include:
- Center Store Staff: Provide excellent service while ringing and bagging groceries. Receive and stock product in packaged grocery, bulk, frozen, chill, or wellness sections. Ensure accountability for invoices and security of inventory.
- Barista: Provide consistent, high-quality beverages, cashiering and customer service in the Cafe.
- Produce Stocker: Prep and stock product in the Produce department, and provide prompt, friendly customer service.
- Specialty Staff: Cut, wrap, price, and stock product, receive orders and provide informative customer service; assist in purchasing in the specialty department; oversee merchandising of the olive bar.
- Retail Stocker: Stock, face, and check in orders as directed.
- Facilities: Actively engage in special projects including cleaning, resets, and others as directed.
- Stay abreast of procedural changes within departments; diplomatically communicate questions, discrepancies, or inefficiencies to the department manager, or, if between departments, to the Specialty Manager.
- Respond quickly to changing situations.
- Drive co-op trucks and van safely and courteously following all laws and rules of the road at all times, as directed by ROPs Director.
- Complete administrative tasks such as data entry and document maintenance as assigned.
- Apply a problem-solving mindset; bring observations and insights to the Specialty Manager regularly.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience with customer service, retail sales or stocking desired, that demonstrates the ability or aptitude to successfully meet all expectations listed above.
- Initiative and confidence to seek out shifts to cover on an ongoing basis, following protocols.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. throughout shift, occasionally 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods and to bend and twist repeatedly.
- Ability to lift product overhead and/or to climb ladders with product.