Part time or full time position available. Shifts are Sunday-Thursday 6am-1pm.
Purpose: Package, stock, and display Food Service products, following guidelines for handling, rotation, organization, merchandising, and inventory.
Specific Responsibilities of Merchandiser
- Ensure all items are accurately weighed, recorded, packaged, labeled, and allocated to the correct location.
- Stock products to the appropriate storage areas promptly, using proper product rotation.
- Keep food containers stocked; document out-of-stock packaging materials according to department procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of Hobart Scales.
Stocking and Merchandising
- Stock the retail cases in assigned areas; maintain clean, organized, and attractive displays.
- Check assigned areas for expired items; document according to established procedure.
- Check products for overall quality; pull and communicate any items not meeting standards according to protocol.
- Communicate with Food Service Merchandising Manager if adequate stock is not available or overstock occurs in assigned areas.
- Ensure that Deli supplies including to-go containers, twist ties and others are fully stocked.
- Maintain organized, properly rotated back-stock of product categories in the staging cooler.
- Complete cleaning duties as assigned.
- Break down boxes and packing materials and dispose of properly.
- Complete daily checklist. If not possible, communicate unfinished tasks to the Merchandising Manager or Manager on Duty, and the subsequent Merchandiser via the communication notebook.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience, in retail or food service setting desired, that demonstrates the aptitude to successfully meet all expectations listed above.
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; early morning, daytime, evening, holiday, and weekend shifts required.
- Willingness and ability to learn and to meet the changing requirements of the job.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. throughout shift, occasionally 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods and to bend and twist repeatedly; ability to lift product overhead and/or to climb ladders with product.