Part time position available. Shifts are: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 12:00pm-7:30pm.
Purpose: Prepare attractive, high-quality, healthy offerings for lunch and dinner hot bars.
Specific Responsibilities of Co-op Downtown (CDT) Cook II
- Prepare attractive, high-quality entrees, soups, and other dishes in appropriate amounts in a timely manner using available ingredients, by following or creating recipes.
- Prep, cook, taste, and season every dish prior to distributing to serving.
- Accurately weigh, label, and record product information.
- Monitor and record temperatures at regular intervals
- Receive and properly stock deliveries as directed (checking for quality and utilizing proper rotation protocol).
- Work with CDT Management to minimize waste reduction.
- As needed, create soups, stews, hot bar entrees, etc. using short-dated product prior to expiration.
- Notify CDT Management of ongoing surplus inventory in any area.
- Use proper storage, product rotation and labeling procedures.
- Document out-of-stock and waste items following department procedures.
- Maintain working knowledge of the products sold in CDT Food Service.
- Assist in dishwashing as needed.
- Help other Food Service staff with their duties on occasion.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience in commercial food service or other experience/education that demonstrates the aptitude to successfully meet the expectations listed above.
- Knowledge of proper food handling procedures, required.
- Ability to follow recipes and produce food in large quantities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; early morning, daytime, evening, holiday, and weekend shifts required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. throughout shift, occasionally 50 lbs.; stand for long periods, bend and twist repeatedly; ability to lift product overhead and/or to climb ladders with product.