From the start:
- $18/hour minimum wage
- 20% discount on store purchases
- Free coffee and tea while on shift
- Friendly, energizing, fun, and results-driven work culture
- Premium pay for working selected holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
Upon successful wait period, full-time employees have access to:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off
- 401k plan with match
- Professional development opportunities
Benefits are subject to change.
Complete benefit descriptions available upon hiring.
Job Location: Co-op West Main
Salary: $20.00 - HOUR
Full-time position available. Shifts are Sunday-Thursday. Sunday-Wednesday hours are 7:30am-3:30pm and Thursdays 7:30am-1pm or 2pm.
Purpose: Provide leadership, coaching, and training for staff in the Café and friendly, attentive, and prompt service in all roles and duties. Direct department duties throughout the shift to ensure efficiency and accuracy of Café operations.
General Responsibilities of Co-op Shift Supervisor positions
- Consistently demonstrate and encourage efficient, accurate, and effective habits and task management.
- Help to create and maintain a positive, professional, and productive work environment even in challenging situations.
- Train and coach new and other employees, use and maintain knowledge of department protocols and procedures, and current training materials.
- Be an available resource for staff on all current Co-op and department policies, procedures, and job-related tasks when on shift.
- Participate in the Co-op’s Coaching and Correction program via verbal coaching and redirection of the team members as needed.
- Serve as communication link between staff and department managers; communicate department and all personnel-related issues to the Café Manager or Retail Operations Director promptly.
- Check and respond to work emails in a timely manner.
- Behave in accordance with the Co-op’s Conduct Commitment; report any received complaints of harassment and discrimination to a manager, the HR Manager, or the GM.
Specific Responsibilities of the Café Shift Supervisor
- Manage the daily shift flow, team priorities, and breaks to meet the needs of the business.
- In the absence of the Café Manager, act as main point of contact for Café and Retail Operations department coverage/emergencies along with managers on duty.
- Assist with last minute shift coverage and/or assist in prioritizing Shift Support Staff to meet organization-wide needs.
- Be available for and assist with problem-solving throughout shift, including customer service needs.
- Maintain shift checklists; ensure all shift checklists are accurate, up-to-date, and available to staff.
- Be familiar with Store Solutions in case of emergencies or other store-related issues working with other on-duty Managers or Shift Supervisors.
- Troubleshoot Café equipment issues, reporting issues to the appropriate people.
- Follow established systems for all steps of purchasing and receiving, including occasionally placing orders, receiving, tracking/recording, and stocking.
- Use proper storage and labeling procedures, ensure cases/coolers are fully stocked and rotated, complete temperature checks following protocols, and report out-of-range temperatures to the Café Manager, Facilities on-call person, or the Retail Operations Director.
- Maintain knowledge of proper food handling procedures and ensure all staff adhere to food safety and sanitation guidelines of GCC Health Department; ensure work, food storage, and seating areas are maintained in sanitary, orderly condition.
- Provide consistent, high-quality products, cashiering, and customer service in the Café.
- Assist with the merchandising of cases to ensure abundance and cleanliness as well as accurately priced and labeled items; ensure clean and legible signage throughout the department.
- Ensure that unsellable items are recorded and properly disposed of.
- Check out all purchases efficiently and accurately, ring prices and PLUs correctly and into the appropriate department. Help others fix mistakes; call managers for assistance as needed.
- Comply with government regulations regarding SNAP benefits/EBT cards, and alcohol sales.
- Assist with café inventory counts as directed.
- Keep an eye out for theft; stay current on Co-op shoplifting procedures and policies and assist with suspected shoplifting situations.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to successfully meet all expectations listed above including supervision and training. Retail experience preferred.
- General computer literacy required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. throughout shift, occasionally up to 50 lbs.; ability to lift product overhead and/or climb ladders with product.
- Ability to stand for long periods and to bend and twist repeatedly.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early mornings, daytime, evenings, holidays, and weekend shifts may be required.