From the start:
- $18/hour minimum wage
- 20% discount on store purchases
- Free coffee and tea while on shift
- Friendly, energizing, fun, and results-driven work culture
- Premium pay for working selected holidays
- Employee Assistance Programs
Upon successful wait period, full-time employees have access to:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid time off
- 401k plan with match
- Professional development opportunities
Benefits are subject to change.
Complete benefit descriptions available upon hiring.
Job Location: Co-op West Main
Salary: $24.00 - HOUR
Full-time position available. Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early morning, daytime, evening, holiday, and weekend shifts may be required.
Purpose: Assist in the management of the Bakery department with a focus on staff training, coaching, shift flow design, and scheduling. Leads and participates in food service operations to prepare attractive, healthy products for natural foods deli and bakery. Manages Bakery Staff (Bread and Pastry) to meet objectives for quality, sales, margin, labor, and customer service.
Specific Responsibilities of Bakery Assistant Manager
Staff Management and Support
- Provide motivation, direction, and feedback to staff to ensure that standards for service, product quality, and productivity are met.
- Consistently monitor staff attendance and punctuality, report deviations to Bakery Manager, and follow up with staff according to the department policy.
- Act as the main point of contact for Bakery shift coverage/emergencies along with manager on duty; fill shifts as needed for emergencies and cover requests.
- Schedule one-on-one meetings with staff as necessary.
- Develop and implement plans according to the focus area(s) set by the Bakery Manager (examples may include staff training plans, scheduling, etc.)
- Oversee Bread and Pastry Staff in preparation of consistent, high-quality offerings.
- Lead efforts to cross train bakery staff between bread and pastry to ensure flexibility and efficient department operations.
- Maintain updated recipes in recipe software to provide accurate amounts, specific preparation descriptions, and to project accurate ingredient needs.
- Ensure that all staff are correctly and accurately using production recording, shipping, and invoicing tools and methods.
In collaboration with the Bakery Manager as directed:
- Develop par lists/production sheets for assigned areas on a rotating schedule.
- Adjust par lists/production sheets frequently for waste and recipe adjustment based on inventory and waste sheets, feedback from stores, margin report, and other tools.
- Engage in recipe development and refinement.
- Consistently meet timelines for production and delivery.
- Schedule, assign and oversee regular cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Ensure that adequate amounts of ingredients, food preparation supplies, storage containers, and packaging supplies are on-hand by communicating product surplus or shortages to the appropriate purchasers.
- Provide updated cost, price, ingredient, signage needs, and other necessary information to Food Service Scan Team for current products.
- Ensure proper storage, product rotation, and labeling procedures.
- Participate in inventories as needed.
- Ensure that unsellable items are properly disposed of.
- Ensure all staff adhere to food safety and sanitation guidelines of Gallatin City-County Health Department
- Develop, maintain and regularly monitor checklists to ensure that all necessary routine tasks are completed.
- Meet with Bakery Manager weekly or as directed to review and prepare weekly work plans.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability or aptitude to successfully meet all expectations listed above required.
- Commercial baking experience required. Experience in from-scratch bread and/or pastry baking, and recipe development, strongly preferred.
- Experience working with email and MS Office software sufficient to communicate, and to prepare reports with accuracy and in a timely manner desired.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early mornings, evenings, holiday, and weekend shifts required.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. throughout production shifts, occasionally 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods and to bend and twist repeatedly; ability to lift product overhead and/or to climb ladders with product.