Sparkling Wine Explorer
Cheers to a New Year!
Celebrate with 20%-off or more these sparkling wines:
- Taittinger Cava Brut — 20%-off at $13.99
- Tarantas Sparkling White Wine — 20%-off at $8.99
- Tarantas Sparkling Rose Wine — 20%-off at $8.99
- Mercat Brut Nature — 20%-off at $13.59
- Taittinger Brut Champagne — 40%-off at $39.99
- Aneri Prosecco — 35%-off at $16.99
Available at Co-op West Main and CO-GO online, while supplies last
Explore Sparkling Wines
Looking for champagne, cava, prosecco or simply some sparkling wine? Take a tour of sparkling wines from different European regions with this simple guide:
Sparkling wine refers to any wine with bubbles. In order for these wines to get their bubbles they must go through a second fermentation where the winemakers add a mixture of yeast and sugars. In turn, the combination of yeast and sugars produce carbon dioxide bubbles.
- Champagne can only come from the Champagne region of north-eastern France and most commonly uses chardonnay, pinot noir and/or meunier grapes.
- Cava comes from Spain and is made with native grapes such as parellada and xarel-lo. Cava can also be made from chardonnay and pinot noir grapes.
- Prosecco comes from the Veneto region of north-eastern Italy and is made with a grape called glera.
- Brut means dry, raw or unrefined. If you are in search of a dry-tasting sparkling wine, go for the Brut.