Picnic With Your People
August 11, 2020
Good food and beautiful outdoor spaces? Those are two of our favorite things!
On August 15-23, we are partnering with the Gallatin Valley Land Trust's NextGen advisory board to celebrate both. Fill up your picnic basket with meals featuring local ingredients, then head outside and enjoy a picnic along our public trail systems and parks.
Scroll down for more info on how to participate and win some amazing prizes!
What's Local in the Deli
Last year, our Co-op purchased 58,692 pounds of local and regional produce for prepared deli foods. This year, the commitment remains the strong. Taste the local flavor with these menu items, available packaged and ready-to-eat (while supplies last!):
Fresh Green Salads
- Local greens, local spinach and local tomatoes
Smoked Salmon Rice Bowl
- Regional spinach, local cucumbers, local green onions and local dill
- Regional cabbage, local cilantro and local mint
Thai Buddha Bowl
- Regional spinach, local green onions and local cilantro
- Local collard greens.
- Our Rainbow Wrap features local summer squash, regional cabbage and spinach.
Alpha Omega Salad
- Local kamut, green bell peppers and local parsley
Beet & Kale Salad
- Local kale
Chimmichuri Cauliflower Salad
- Local cauliflower and local herbs
California Chopped Salad
- Local zucchini
- Regional cabbage
- Our bread is made in-house with organic Montana flour
How to Participate
- Create Your Picnic!
- Order a meal kit from participating restaurants or caterers
- Buy local foods from partnering farms and businesses
- Assemble/cook from your own garden!
- Find a trail, park, or backyard
- Share a photo of your picnic with your socially-distanced people to be entered to win fun raffle prizes every day!
- Tag @GVLT
- Hashtag #picnicwithyourpeople
- Win cool prizes!
- When you post a photo on social media and tag GVLT, you’ll automatically be entered to win gift cards from the Co-op, Feed, Lot G, Little Star Diner, a 1-month food subscription, tote bags and cookbook bowls from Farm Cart, t-shirts and tea towels from Gallatin Valley Farm to School, hats and t-shirts from Streamline Farms, 20 lbs of ground beef from Feddes Family Meats, and MORE!