COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Preparedness
March 12, 2020
Updated April 2, 2020
The health and safety of our Co-op community is our highest priority.
Our management team is closely monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health officials to help inform our decisions.
- Increasing the frequency and rigor of cleaning the sales floor and operational areas, including high touch surfaces (bulk scoops, tongs, hand rails, bathrooms, doors, desks, monitors, etc.).
- Continuing to expect and monitor diligent hand washing by all Co-op staff. Additionally, any staff handling ready-to-eat foods are already required to wear gloves.
- Communicating and enforcing our sick policy that any sick staff stay home.
- Modifying our paid-time-off policy to help mitigate the potential financial impact on workers in the event any staff are affected by COVID-19.
- Providing hand sanitizer and disposable gloves for customer use, as supplies are available.
- Installed clear plexiglass at our cash registers to help protect our staff and customers.
- To help reduce exposure, we are limiting the number of products coming back into the store. During this time, we ask for no returns or exchanges unless the food is spoiled or expired.
- We are not allowing bulk containers or bags brought from home. We understand this is not in line with our typical efforts towards sustainability. However, during this time, our top priority is to the health and safety of our community.
- Cleaning shopping baskets after each customer uses one. Used baskets are taken to our dish washing station before being returned to the retail floor.
- Ordering up on high demand items such as non-perishable grocery items like beans, soups, pasta, etc. Though certain items are out-of-stock from our distributors, we will do our best to keep alternatives on the shelves.
Co-op Prepared Foods — Everything "To-Go"
To help protect the health and safety of our community, Gallatin County has imposed restrictions on bars and restaurants.
These restrictions do not apply to grocery stores, grocery store delis or convenience stores. However, we are taking action to convert all of our prepared foods into packaged products.
The Flying Cafe and the dining areas in both locations are currently closed.
For more information on our prepared foods, visit: Daily Menus.