Composting Food Waste
Help us reduce waste! Co-op customers can now compost leftover deli food and compostable packaging that they purchased at our store.
Look for the green bins outside Co-op West Main. The bins display signage indicating which products we are able to compost.
Composting services are being provided by Happy Trash Can Curbside Composting, owned by Adrienne Huckabone and Ryan Green.
We hope to bring this service to our downtown location in the future (stay tuned)!
What Can We Compost?
- Prepared food items purchased at our store
- Fruit, veggie and grain waste
- Compostable serveware (see signs on the bins for applicable products)
- Food scraps brought from private residences (* see below)
- Meat, bones and dairy
- Non-compostable garbage and/or recycling items
* Sorry, we cannot accept compost drop offs from private residences. However, Happy Trash Can will pick up food scraps from your doorstep on a weekly basis year round.
For Bozeman and Belgrade residents, a subscription of just $15 per month gets you one 5-gallon bucket per week (accurate as of August 14, 2018). Check out their services and how you can help support this awesome local company.