Composting Food Waste
Help us reduce waste!
Co-op customers can compost leftover deli food and compostable packaging that they purchased at our store.
New! In addition to veggie and fruit scraps, we can also accept:
Look for the green bins in our dining area at Co-op West Main. The bins display signage indicating which products we are able to compost.
Composting services are being provided by Happy Trash Can Curbside Composting, owned by Adrienne Huckabone and Ryan Green.
What Can We Compost?
- Prepared food items purchased at our store
- Food scraps (veggies, meat, bones, etc).
- Compostable serveware (see signs on the bins for applicable products)
- Food scraps brought from private residences (* see below)
- Non-compostable garbage and/or recycling items
- Please note: our "to-go" smoothies cups are no compostable. Please recycle them.
* Sorry, we cannot accept compost drop offs from private residences. However, Happy Trash Can will pick up food scraps from your doorstep on a weekly basis year round.
For Bozeman and Belgrade residents, a subscription of just $15 per month gets you one 5-gallon bucket per week (accurate as of August 14, 2018). Check out their services and how you can help support this awesome local company.